Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Noach Fox
E-mail:  MOneychest@aol.com
Date:  11/25/2004 8:57:00 PM
Subject:  Lubavitch
Message:  About your quote that the Rebbe said he was Moshiach I must say that the Rebbe never said that he was totally against it over the years and it is well known in his writtings and his publis actions.

The Rebbe was a friend of many Gedolei Yisroel like Reb Moshe etc. and even had and took responsiblity and gave him Tefillin ( from my wifes uncle )

The Rebbe was a great leader but he did push and encorage his Chasidim to build an army around the world to do good which we all see.

There are sadly some people very vocal and also some Rabonim who are scared to voice there opinion but in general I was at the Kinus of over 3000 Shluchim last week and not one said Yechi and it was not part of the program.

May the Rebbe be a malitz Yosher for Klal Yisroel and Daven above for the ultimate redemption which he so longed for for Klal Yisroel

Noach Fox

Reply:  I appreciate the input. I don't think it makes a difference to us any longer what the Rebbe's position on this was.
As the Rambam says, Moshiach cannot be someone who is not alive anymore.
We all must remember that Moshiach will not be voted in by a Democratic election. We cannot choose who it should be. The biggest thing holding back the coming of Moshiach is the sitting around and waiting for him. So it says in the Talmud.

If people want to wish for Moshiach, or wish for a specific person to be the Moshiach, go ahead, but keep it to yourself and go about the job you were put here for, and get that job done properly. You know this, I know this, and hopefully our leaders can get this out to the others that don't know this....
AA

Back to the Q & A Board