Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Mh
E-mail:  m.mdh@verizon.net
Date:  11/22/2004 3:31:00 PM
Subject:  electricity

Is there any hope of your father reaching a final psak regarding electricity (i.e. incandescent vs. flouresent light bulbs) in the near future.

This issue will only become more nessecary for us as shomer Torah and Mitzva Jews in the future. The technological world around us is only moving foward. I fear that without a couragous leader willing to look into tough issues, we will only be left behind, for no reason other than an unwillingness to deal with the issue. If a psak comes out that it is forbiden for 'real' halachic reasons, then fine, but if not then 'koach dehetera adif'.

We are confronted on Shabbatot with more and more questions stemming from the issue of electricity (house alarms with LED lights, automatic electronic cameras, flouresent lights, hot water heaters etc.). This will only get more difficult as time goes by.

Please help!

Reply:  "(house alarms with LED lights, automatic electronic cameras, flouresent lights, hot water heaters etc.). " You put different types of electronics together.
Alarm LED and cameras are problems to anyone who is walking anywhere that they exist. Please do a search and find where it was dealt with.
The other items I'm not sure what the issue is.
CYa

Back to the Q & A Board