Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Howard
E-mail:  hmweisss@hotmail.com
Date:  11/19/2004 2:26:00 AM
Subject:  re: kosher Meat
Message:  I want to thank you for your resposes to lkwd guy, In a world full of hate between groups, and I've seen it all - Chassidim and misnagdim, Ashkenazim and Sephardim, Black hatters and Kippah Serugahs, Israelis and Americans, the list seems endless, so much hate among Torah Jews! How right you are, I have never figured out why belief in Moshiach dead or alive is a cardinal issue, I suppose it dates back to Shabtai Tzvi. Doesn't the Gemora in Sanhedrin mention Rabbis whose students believed he was Moshiach and was not alive, I believe Rabbeinu Hakodosh, And wasn't Rabbi Akiva "wrong" about Bar Kochba.
I salute you, although you ARE a "Kanoi" and I don't always agree with you, sometimes it is nevertheless refreshing to read a level headed response.
I know many Chabadniks who studied in Chabad, who revered the Rebbe and follow his teachings of reaching out to all Jews, and are terribly distressed at the entire situation, it simply isn't fair to taenish an rntire group for the veryu vocal actions of some.
Again, thanks and continue your service to Klal Yisrael.

Reply:  Amen
And yes, Rabbi Akiva thought Bar Kochba was Moshiach. The Rambam says at the end of Melachim, that Rabbi Akiva realized he is not Moshiach when Bar Kochba died.
AA

Back to the Q & A Board