Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  anon
E-mail:  not available
Date:  11/8/2004 11:07:00 AM
Subject:  black clothes- women
Message:  my god! It's just the style- no one thinks its more jewish! Its classy, and flattering, and when people are spending over $500 to have something made for a wedding they want to get the most practical color so they can get a lot of use out of it. Don't you think this is going a little too far?

Author: sara
E-mail: not available
Date: 10/29/2004 1:07:48 PM
Subject: re-black clothing
Message: i want to add that it got to the point that not only men are wearing black but you can go to weddings these days and not notice there are women there. i just went to a wedding the other night and i was dancing in a circle of lets say it was 10 people and i was the only one wearing a different color ..... its gotten outa hand!!
hopefully bezrat hashem by my chasuna i'll write on the invitation colorfull clothing affair!!

Reply:  Lets not argue over taste issues. But, if people feel they are looked down on, because they are wearing one color or another, it is a mistake on someone's part. Either the lookee or the looker.
Besides for some places, people are not looked down upon becasue of their choice of clothes.
If a person is wearing something to not look Jewish, that is a whole separate issue. That's the guys who go to Vegas and put their Yarmulkas in their pockets or put their peyos under their baseball hats. They have a tougher Yetzer Hara than others and so we cannot judge them for the possible Chilllul Hashem.
CYA

Back to the Q & A Board