Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Aron
E-mail:  not available
Date:  8/6/2004 11:27:00 AM
Subject:  Re: Tinok shenishba
Message:  If I may voice my opinion, this thread is fairly astonishing. This person desperately seeking sources to support his/her position about tinok shenishba seems to be motivated by a strong desire to deny that certain people are culpable before God.

My advice to this person: stop worrying about whether you or anyone you know can be held culpable before God for their past behaviors. Mishpat Shamayim should be left to Shamayim. Instead, focus on yourself, perfect yourself by acquiring knowledge in the proper order, then share your knowledge with the others about whom you are concerned so that they too can begin to perfect themselves. Only after you have perfected your middos and gained substantial knowledge would it then be appropriate for you to begin to study the principles of God's justice (as far as we can know them)...but objectively, without any preconceived notions or goals. Do not dwell on a past that you are not yet ready to understand.

If I am incorrect about this person's motivations, I apologize. The point is worth making anyway.

Reply:  Good point!
The more we feel we are not responsible, the more cozy we feel.

AA

Back to the Q & A Board