Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Abby
E-mail:  not available
Date:  7/30/2004 11:12:00 AM
Subject:  Shabbos
Message:  I work in a non-Jewish company with a few other Religous people. They leave two hours before Shabbos and I don't think that's enough time since we work 45 minutes away. The problem is if I leave earlier, my boss won't like that too much. They will give me a hard time about leaving earlier then the other religous people.
The other religous people are my parents.......
What's your suggestion. Thank you!

Reply:  Explain to your boss, that you ask a different Rabbi than they do. Maybe their Rabbi lets them leave that late. Try to do it in a way that it does not hurt your parents or any other orthodox people.
This is also a problem when some people shake hands with the opposite gender and some don't. It can be very embarrassing for the other people. When I'm with a group of people, I try to be the first person that the lady meets, so that I can say we don't shake before anyone shakes her hand and we're all in a tough situation.
But, in the end, what can we do, we follow a Rabbi who says no way. If your "Rabbi's P'sakim" hurts other people, even though you try to avoid it, you did yours. Like I always say, when you go up after 120, you can blame everything on your Rabbi.
CYA

Back to the Q & A Board