Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Shmirat HaLashon
E-mail:  not available
Date:  7/21/2004 2:06:00 PM
Subject:  Anonymous and "Heresy"
Message:  I must say that I am quite shocked about the emails from "Anonymous" regarding Yeshivat Chovevei Torah and his claims of heresy, etc. etc. First of all, I am intimately connected to the many of the talmidim and rebbeim, and the claims are not only patently false, they are also absurd. The students at Yeshivat Chovevei Torah - in addition to being strictly observant and religious individuals - are very intellectually and philosophically sophisticated. None are stupid enough to think that God has a body (of all things!!). As to the other false and absurd claims, they are of the same ilk and they do not even merit a response.

What bothers me more, however, R. Abadi, is the decision to post these emails as is. It seems quite clear that people are using your forum as an excuse to spread loshon hara and rechilut. The fact that Anonmous does not give his name is telling. When his first email appeared, I said to myself - does he really need a halakhic response from R. Abadi here? Of course not - he is looking to spread loshon hara about yeshivat chovevei Torah. His second email picks up where his first one left off. That people think such things and will look for any forum to spread them is not suprising. What suprises me is that it is allowed to take place in *this* forum. Do you want this forum to turn into a place where everyone voices their own little pet peves about the Jewish community dressed up as halakhic questions? Do you want to deal with all the charges and counter-charges? Please stop this nonsense. There has been enough rechilut in the name of halakha.

Reply:  If you followed those posts, you would have noticed that the discussion self destructed. In reference to the site being used, initially (as you said) it was a Halachic ?
CYA

Back to the Q & A Board