Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Jeff Duitch
E-mail:  not available
Date:  7/18/2004 5:33:00 PM
Subject:  Latest round of questions
Message:  I hope the Rav and the entire mishpacha are doing well.

Now it's time for my latest round of sheilot:

1. A Yichud issue: Despite the fact I'm almost 30, I don't drive because I have tremendous difficulty with making the high pressure, split-second decisions involved with driving. Thus, my parents and friends provide my transportation to work and other places requiring a car. With this in mind, if a woman other than my mother, (and once I'm able to marry IY"H, wife, daughter, or granddaughter) offers me a ride somewhere and there are no other men in the car, am I allowed to accept that ride or not? Does it make a difference whether this is during the day or night? What if there are no men, but there are two or more women in the car?

2.   In summary, what are the specific length/depth requirements for a body of water to be considered kosher for a mikvah? I've heard about the 4000 seah thing, but I don't know what that means. For toveling metal and glass keilim, are the requirements for the water they're dipped into the same as a mikvah used for Taharat Hamishpacha purposes?

3. A couple years ago, Aaron (AA) said that normally, a person should l'chatchilah say Kiddush Levanah ASAP 3 days after the Molad for each month. What is your father's p'sak when it comes to Kiddush Levanah for Av and Tishrei? Should we wait until AFTER Tisha B'Av and Yom Kippur respectively to make Kiddush Levanah for Av and Tishrei or not?

Reply:  1. If you have no choice then it would not be a problem, as long as you don't stop in a secluded area, other than for a stop sign.
2. L'chatchila 190 Gallons
3. Don't wait, it gets cloudy too often in this country
CYA

Back to the Q & A Board