Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  SS
E-mail:  not available
Date:  6/17/2004 8:01:00 AM
Subject:  Rabbi Abadi at YU
Message:  Everyone is talking about Rabbi Abadi's appearance at YU. Were either of you there and can you summarize it? Who invited him and drove him there? I ask, because I spoke to the Rav last year about coming to give a shiur and he said it was too difficult for him, so I'm wondering, who was able to persuade him. I am also upset that the event wasn't publicized. It seems that unless you were there or davening you wouldn't have known about it. That is unfortunate, since hundreds of people would have probably showed up.

Reply:  Sorry, but I asked my father if I can publicize it, and he said no. He is not very comfortable with public speaking. In the end it was very nice. I was there, too. Now maybe we can get my father back for a scheduled visit that can be publicized.

Rav Herschel Schachter was very impressive. I only met him once before at a wedding, but now I was able to spend some time with him. You can see from speaking to him that the Torah and the Halachah dictates his actions, not the reverse. How refreshing!

We made a demonstration of the silk screen process. The crowd was very receptive and open-minded. Now I'm sure there will be a lot of learning and debating. That's beautiful. That's what we are here for. Let's hold off addressing this and give everyone time to review the whole issue.

In the future, I hope we can schedule a Shiur that will allow for a larger audience.
AA

Back to the Q & A Board