Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  anony
E-mail:  not available
Date:  6/10/2004 2:55:00 PM
Subject:  guy/girl sitch
I am currently dealing with a girl who is on her way to Judaism, she's really making rapid progress thank God and i'm doing all I can to help her along the way.... anyways, she recently e-mailed me that she's excited cuz she met this guy who's more religous then her and he's "very Jewish" which she likes. she also mentioned she has deep feelings for him.... Now basically she wants my approval on this. I feel like she's come so far so of course encourage it ( like the other day she told me that she's taking it upon h/s not to date non-Jews)so my question is what to do, Should I just not say a/th about this (when I reply just skip over this point?) or should I give her a go- ahead?
She's waiting for my reply so a quicky would be greatly appreciated. Thanx so much!
( I guess it's ok to post this unless one day she might check out this site and then... but I leave that up to you.)

Reply:  There are millions like her. You can complement her choosing a Jewish and somewhat religious person (rather than...). You do not need to get into details of their relationship and what sins if any that they're doing. If she talks about it, say "I'd rather not know." If not for her current motivations, she might be doing worse with someone worse.

Keep your rules and regulations on the sidelines and as you detect that she's ready to accept more laws, you present them. Pushing someone faster than they are interested will just backfire.

Keep up the good work!
AA

Back to the Q & A Board