Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  jay
E-mail:  not available
Date:  4/19/2004 9:53:00 AM
Subject:  questions posed by peisach etci
again i thank you for bringing common sense to psak, so that normal peole will not make chozek of it.
(i was with very frum friends for the sedorim, the father waivs the blumendrantz book at the son, ho is a medical student, the son shouts back this is crazy.the issue that day was aftershave lotion. of course b. says no.etc etcand lactic acid pills etc. craziness may atttract ball teshuvas bur drives away normal peope

1. is cheese made from rice subject to the gezeirah of gevinat akum
2 i buy smartbeat non fat cheese with ou and D. is it really dairy? lactic acid sodium caseinate? are they still dairy of pareve chemicals.
3 what is the earliest one can start a seder?
must one finish the meal or the seder at a certain time?
4.for that matter, what is th earlies to make a motzi in the sukkah.
5. how many minutes after sunset is tzet hakochavin and is it shaot zemaniot or not?
6. on my fathers side we are german, not religious, on my
mothers chasidic (modern orthdoxy won out.
but my late father did remember that they washed and said netilas yadaim before they made kiddush on wine. seems to be ased on rama. is that allowed at least for an ashkenazi.

7 is gebrochts nonsense? there was so much talk and hysteria about this at the seders i attended. My late mother, never used an over on peisach--i wonder why not?
but i never heard the b word, and i recall soup mandlen etc??

LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, CAN AN ASHKENAZI JEW
USE GLASS FOR EVERYTHING THE WAY SEPHARDIM DO, RAV OVADIAH YOSEF EVEN DEFINES PYREX AS GLASS. WOULD CERTAINLY MAKE LIFE EASIER. DID THE FIRST GENERATIONS OF ASHKENAZIC ROSHONIM USE GLASS FOR EVERYTHING?

it is t hings like that , that drive well meaning normal people crazy....they tell people about absrption , ok , ut then it is obvious that glass does not absorb in any way that is visible to the eye...after all we dont worry about swallowing invisitble organisms when we breather, do we?
thank you for RESTORING KEVOD HATORAH FOR PEOPLE WHO STILL USE THEIR MINDS JH

Reply:  1) no

2) Pareve

3) Start at Nightfall (3 stars out) & end before midnight of Jewish Law, which is listed on "myzmanim.com"

4) You can start at 30 minutes after Sunset as long as you eat a Kazayit (equal to half an egg) of Bread in the Succah after nightfall

5) In the U.S.A. it is certainly OK after 45 minutes
Anywhere else you can judge when you see the smaller stars

6) Yes.

7) Yes. Today it is not of any value.

Glass for what? People should have two sets of dishes, one for dairy and one for meat.
AA

Back to the Q & A Board