Q & A Board - View Post
Author:  Fatboy
E-mail:  not available
Date:  1/29/2004 5:03:00 PM
Subject:  Taxes (Paid off the Books)
Message:  Rabbi,

The correct answer to the previous question as to whether one can be paid partially off the books is "Yes, of course." However, he still needs to report the income on his return since under IRC Section 61(a) gross income includes all types of income (even from criminal activity). Since Dina D'malchuse Dina applies to taxes as well, he will have to report it under Jewish law too.
Reply:  Any taxes required to be paid must be paid. Anything you can do within the law to avoid paying is certainly allowed.

Back to the Q & A Board