Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Einstein
E-mail:  not available
Date:  11/18/2003 1:23:00 PM
Subject:  Science and Torah followup
Message:  I did not understand a word that Shmulie said, however I do have a few thoughts of my own.

It is not a mystery that most of the world's most famous scientists also believe in G-d. The reason is that proper science ALWAYS objectively verifies that the statements regarding creation that we see in the Torah are absolutely true, and that no human being could have possibly possessed that knowledge thousands of years ago.

The only time science and Torah appear to be in conflict is when one or the other is being misunderstood.

Take creation itself, for example. Only within the last 30 years is it known for a fact that the Universe had a beginning, and that it began from a single point.   An understanding of Einstein's special relativity equations shows unequivocably that the Universe was created in 6 days. It all depends on where you are standing. Relativity shows that time advances at different speeds depending on where you are. So, in a Universe at rest, maybe 15 or 16 billion years have passed, but to the "Observer" at the edge of the expanding Universe (or outside it), only 6 days has passed. [We all know "who" the "Observer" is in this case.]

If science challenges your faith, then re-examine both because one is surely flawed. In fact, science strengthens my faith whenever I have a glimmer of doubt.

Reply:  "science strengthens my faith"

I'm right there with you.

AA

Back to the Q & A Board