Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Ezra K
E-mail:  ezrakonstand@yahoo.com
Date:  11/4/2003 3:34:00 PM
Subject:  heter.com- I don't think so
Message:  To anyone who claims or thinks this is heter.com- I have news for you- halacha is halacha- and real is real- this site isn't here to be makel or machmir, this is a site where hallachic questions are answered by a compitent rabbi (and anyone who thinks this is a machel website should look into the Ravs opinion on negiah). It's amazing how insecurity breeds hatred in all avenues of life- thanks Rabbi Abadi for rising above the crap and giving us truth!

Reply:  I explained to my daughter recently, that there are two religions in Judaism, "Hergel" and "Torah based." Hergel means used to or accustomed to. Like the Hebrew word, "RAGIL." They get up in the morning and do what they've been doing, what they're used to. There are many good decent Hergel Jews, who will do great & go to Heaven. But this is not ideal, and certainly not on any serious level. The Torah based Judaism is to be an observant Jew, following the rules of the Torah, whereever that takes you. You wake up in the morning and your actions mostly revolve around what your God expects of you. That is what we are here for. It's a small club.
AA

Back to the Q & A Board