Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  chanan
E-mail:  not available
Date:  9/29/2003 12:26:00 PM
Subject:  various
Message:  1. If Costco sells filleted fish and they label it Tilapia can I trust that ?
2. Regarding gum; I seem to remember that your father said ( around 20 years ago) that regardless of the type of gum base ( perhaps he had not yet isuued a psak on Gelatin) it wouldn't be a problem because you're not eating it and you have no hanoah from it.
3. During Rosh Hashonah/Yom Kippur davening when they open the Aron for certain piyutim must we stand?
4. Can I wear a wrist splint on Shabbos with no eruv ? I don't wear it all the time just most.

Thank you

Reply:  1) Yes. They have no reason to lie. If they label it wrong there are repercussions. It happens and people get fired. There is more to be concerned in a private store.
2) true. and it is not edible either.
3) Not at all! Another Minhag in the creation stages, or should I say evolution stages.
4) I still forgot to ask. Be on top of me. We have over a hundred open questions. Thank God we were given an opportunity to help people. The Chayei Adam in his preface writes a beautiful parable that he uses to explain his inadequacies, and how by helping others through the darkness, he feels like he can somehow compensate for them. Read it! It'll be worth your while. (You'll need something to do during the Kol Nidrei Concert)
AA

Back to the Q & A Board