Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Timush Hindleman
E-mail:  not available
Date:  2/12/2003 2:01:00 PM
Subject:  "Squealing" to the authorities

last week my neighbor backed out of his driveway and rammed my car which was parked on the street. I heard a large bang, looked out the window and saw him drive away as if nothing happened. When he came home later in the evening, I told him waht I saw and asked him for his insurance documents etc. He refused and said that he doesn't know what I am talking about, and I must have dreamed the whole thing up. I showed him the huge dent in my car and further pointed out to him the matching paint on his bumper from my car, but he laughs and says I'm full of it.

My question is: Even though my neighbor is Jewish can I call the police on him? Or would that be considered "telling". The damage is $2000 which is a lot of money for me to pay (especially since I am innocent).

Please advise.

Reply:  Your not pressing criminal charges; you are encouraged to call the police, get a copy of the police report & submit it to his &/or your insurance company for compensation. If they lock him up, the world would be a safer place. Today a car; tomorrow a child....
AA

Back to the Q & A Board