Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Moshe
E-mail:  not available
Date:  10/11/2006 5:45:00 PM
Subject:  website restart

I read your post about the restart and I realized that maybe you were down longer than necessary, for a lack of funds. If that is the case, how can we (those of us who live by this great breath of fresh air) help you out? Where would we send checks? Not having the website for so long, made me realize how much I depend on it.

Thank you so much for just being there and answering our emails.

Julie & Moshe

Reply:  That is very intuitive. Yes, there is lack of funds issue. The Kollel that my father has in Har Nof has a monthly stipend that is given to the students. The last half year, it has been hard for some reason.

Many people just don't realize the importance of the type of Kollel my father has and what he instills in the students, to make sure they stay on the right side of the confused world out there. My father rarely leaves the Kollel, except to come here to visit us kids. He's not out there making the rounds with all the big wigs of society. That is not his style. He strongly believes that he should stay with the students as much as possible. They are the better for it.

However, all of us children here, have jobs trying support ourselves, so the money situation sometimes suffers and the Kollel is the first in line for money. The website and other projects we are working on, take a back seat. we are not that big of an operation that we need to hire a money man to pay also.

What is sometimes amazing, is that some men don't even know that their wives are on the site asking questions. It has happened to me more than once. Its hard to get that guy, to see the value of my father's foresight. Time for some communication, huh?

If anyone is interested in helping us help our father, you can send checks written out to Cong. Ohel Torah - Jerusalem, to;
Yehuda Abadi
1150 East 32nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11210

We also have a credit card setup for a monthly bill, if that would make it easier for someone. Go to the top of the main forum screen and above the words "post new question... is "help Rabbi Yitzchok Abadi's Kollel ". Click on that and give us a hand.

Thanx again
CYA

Back to the Q & A Board