Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Sam J
E-mail:  not available
Date:  12/16/2005 10:17:00 AM
Subject:  Re Hat in Public
Message:  I was surprised to hear your response to the law student who wears a black hat to law school. I have always gotten the impression from this website that a black hat was something that is worn for all the wrong reasons these days. Why do I have the feeling that if AA had answered this question, we would have received a very different kind of response. I don't mean to be disrespectful at all, and I hope it isn't taken this way. I am just a little confused by the whole black hat thing. There was a long post awhile back by AA against black hats, and he as referenced back to that in several more of his answers. Are you saying that it is a good thing to wear a black hat? Or are you merely saying that if someone else wants to, we shouldn't worry about it? It sounded to me from your answer to the first law student that he is doing something admirable, which like I said before, I would never have expected to see on this website. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and explain.

Reply:  I think my point was, that if one guy wants to wear it it, leave him be. If one has a problem with that, he has the problem.
By no means will you find anyone on this website saying that you must wear a hat. That doesn't mean that it is a bad thing.
CYA

Back to the Q & A Board