Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  don
E-mail:  not available
Date:  12/4/2005 7:13:00 PM
Subject:  kashrus
E-mail: jennifermitts@yahoo.com
Date: 1/2/2005 9:56:00 PM
Subject: oven Kashering
Message: Tell me why I should kasher my oven (other than the reason that treif things may have been cooked in it prior to my ownership)? I mean, once it's kashered, can I ONLY cook meat OR dairy dishes in it? I.e., I have to choose to cook only one type of food in it from now on?

It doesn't make sense to me. I use the same refrigerator for my meat and dairy. However, I'm supposed to have two sets of dishes? If I wash them in hot water, what makes them less accommodating than the one stove or refrigerator?

BTW, this is an AWESOME forum. Thank you SO MUCH for its being!

Reply: You are 100% right. Don't Kasher it except the shelves if you put dairy or meat on them directly.
AA

is this person really one hundred percent right??? isnt there a very big difference between a oven which gets burning hot and a fridge! and even if you hold its ok there are still other shittos that disagree so would that make him 100% right?

Reply:  This forum follows my father, Rabbi Yitzchak Abadi, the answers here are either faxed back to me or discussed with me over the phone. When we write 100% correct it means its 100% according to my father.
CYA

Back to the Q & A Board