Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Shmuel
E-mail:  not available
Date:  5/29/2005 2:39:00 PM
Subject:  Yom Ha'atzmaut 2
Message:  Message:        What does your father hold about Yom Ha'atzmaut regarding: Halel (with Bracha or w/o) Tachnun, the added in Shabos and Yom Tov Pesukei Dizimra, HAftora, and celebrating in general?
Thanks

Reply:      If only we were to pray the basics required.....
Why are we so busy trying to add if we are miles away from just doing what is required of us?
AA

Not everyone is miles away from davening the basics. If someone had a personal miracle happen to him and asked about making a Seuda Hoda'ah I'm sure you would answer in the way you understand the Sugya and not "there are more important things to worry about".
The question was simple. What does your father hold regarding those minhagim on Yom Ha'atzmaut? If he holds it's a regular day then say so and don't hide behind a answer that "if only we were to pray the basics". If you don't want to answer on the site you can also e-mail it to me. Again I'm asking how you learn this Sugya in Halacha.
Thank you

Reply:  My father holds not to add anything in honor of Yom Haatzamot. Part of the reason he holds that way is, why are we adding to the praying that is already not done correctly, (in general terms) even on a regular Holiday.
Plus, to add to the Tefilla, we need some big people to approve it, which we don't have.
CYA

Back to the Q & A Board