Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  joey
E-mail:  not available
Date:  5/9/2005 9:36:00 PM
Subject:  sisit
Message:  1: do i have to make a beracha on sisit or do i just put on the sisit in the morning and when i say lehitatef besisit before shaharit, it covers both the talet and sisit.
2: which prayers in shaharit do i say when im praying alone

Reply:  Note: For those Ashkenazim...   Sisit means Tzitzis

1) Make a Blessing at home on the ones under your shirt, and then in Shul make Lehitaatef ...

2) The bare minimum for most men should be Berachot, Baruch She'Amar, Ashrei, Yishtabach, Kriat Shema with its Berachot, Amida/Shemona Esrey, and the first part of Aleinu. Once you say that properly, with respect, understanding it, and so on, then you are welcome to add.

There are many types of praying that we have today that the Pasuk (Verse) of "Lamah Li Rov Zivcheichem," where God says, "why do I need all your Sacrifices...."

The Bee:
      He makes a steady buzzing sound and his lips don't move. Not much Prayer action there.

The Helicopter:
     His arms are flailing in all directions and he is shaking back and forth. He can't be concentrating and neither can anyone within twenty yards.

The Concord:
     Faster than the speed of sound!

The Swallower:
     Swallows half the words.

The Holy of Holies:
     Praying with a rhythmic "Shukkle" (shaking back & forth), while looking up at God, with both hands outstretched.

The Chinese Lecturer:
     He loves to talk and talk and talk, he can go on for hours, but everything he says is Chinese.

There are many many more types, and if I missed your category, I sincerely apologize.

AA

Back to the Q & A Board