Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  moishg
E-mail:  moishg2001@yahoo.com
Date:  1/30/2005 5:33:00 PM
Subject:  Vegans vs. God
I have been a long time vegan. I came to my beliefs because of my Jewish and Tora upbringing.

G-d's original diet for humanity is veganism. If I'm not mistaken, there are opinions (taking the prophesy in Yeshia of the Wolf lying down with the lamb in a more literal way that other commentaries) that in the time of Moshiah the world will again be vegan. This is my belief.

It is also my belief (though I guess none of us will know for sure until that time arrives) that in the time of Moshiah all the sacrifices (including the korban Pesah) will be of a vegetation nature.

How can I answer people who attack my beliefs as being "sinful"? I once had someone call me a Hota (sinner) and a Mahti (one who causes others to sin) for my vegan beliefs.

Debbie

God also said after the Mabul that humans are allowed to eat meat, and on Shabbat and Yom Tov one must eat meat.
So if we're gonna quote God, let's give the whole story.

If it nauseates you, it may be permitted not to eat meat, but to say it is wrong, is arguing with God, and that to paraphrase the Ohrnet, is rather like Bambi vs. Godzilla...a very short argument.

What'll happen when Moshiach comes, who knows, but if we're being literal, then the Talmud says we will all be eating fish and meat by the big party.

Tofu Leviathan?
I think not!

Reply:  machloket poskim, I guess.
AA

Back to the Q & A Board