Q & A Board - View Post

Author:  Anonymous
E-mail:  not available
Date:  1/27/2005 8:58:00 AM
Subject:  Re; Mikva Lady
Message:  I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I'm sure there are a lot of chatitzos that the mikva ladies may be a little too strict about, but does it really hurt you to conform? How hard is it to take off that patch or remove your nail polish? Will it kill you to go a few hours (or, if it's Shabbos, 25 hours) without nail polish??? Most husbands would not even notice if their wives didn't wear polish for one Shabbos. I think we are so into our independence and our rebellion against the "rulers of the mikva" that we end up having a bitter taste about this holy mitzva. It really does not hurt to follow their rules, especially since they aren't that hard to follow.

Reply:  In this world of right wingers we do anything we can to chase everyone away. This person might never go to the Mikveh again. How can you be sure that you didn't just turn another person off from Judaism? Then we'll get all excited, because now we can fit them into a Kiruv (outreach) program. Wow! Great! Suddenly we can be nice to them. Now it is justified.
Bitter taste about a holy Mitzvah? More like bitter taste about a bunch of arrogant people who hijacked this Holy Mitzvah. Snap out of it buddy!
AA

Back to the Q & A Board