I came across your website and read the your answer below re dishwashers with great interest. I am a layperson but would be very grateful for further clarification. These are my questions:
1. Does this answer depend on the make of the dishwasher?
2. Does one need to clean out the filter?
3. Why do some people say you need to change the dishwasher racks between washing up meat and dairy? I assume you do not require this?
4. Why do some people say you should run a cycle at the hottest temparature with detergent between washing up meat and dairy? I assume you do not require this?
5. Do you need to rinse off the food remnants on the crockery/cutlery before placing them into the dishwasher?
6. Do you need to kasher a dishwasher for Pesach?
Q & A Board - View Post
Date: 10/28/2004 4:07:25 PM
Is it permissible to use a dishwasher for both dairy and meat? If so, how does one do that? Who is there to rely on?
Reply: 1. yes
2. You put the dishes in the dishwasher.
3. My father
Back to the Q & A Board